
If I woke beside you one more time I couldn’t bear it. Smirking, as if
Reality can change to your will. This is because I am weak and rather
Easy, but it has still happened, I can’t forget those three other women.
Always I am prey, hunted since I was a child. My mother left me,
Left alone, supple, like the underbelly of a dragon, but
Lacking licking flames. Girls would circle me, ravenous for my
Young innocence, much like You. It is sad really, how we just
Dove right into this hell together. Were you really there,
Observing all my actions, just so you could ride in, slay me and leave
Laughing? See it now, “Laughing Knight Lays Love to Lie.”
Others pierced me deep, but yours was tinted in a poison.
Victorious haul my treasures, none for me, you’ll see. That
Everyone is a trap, for some dragons are clever in death.
Ok so, the original I made in word is the picture. Kind of important, but the blog turned it into what it is below. I incorporated two kinds of writing forms, word art and a hidden message, like in Paradise Lost. Fairly basic, but I think it has a dramatic effect when found in both. This was the product of all those sad, sickening, and depressing stories we read last class. Uh oh.
ReplyDeleteYou're funny. Well, funny, too, that you say "pretty basic," because I was thinking that there was a lot going on in this with the larger word, as well as the phrase lined up on the edge and, of course, the main narrative itself. Maybe I'm most interested, though, in the voice, and how things start to accumulate into a kind of reflection on the relationship between the monster and its killer. One could say this is an affair with baggage.
ReplyDelete