Block of crumbly white feta
cheese, soaked in brine, ju
s t there sitting in the fridge.
I could place on salty wheat
squares. Crunchy with som
e tang. I'm craving this now.
Immersed in a round plastic
world, sticker from the farm
er’s market on exterior. So
cheap and fresh. Smells an
d sights at theSix Flags of f
ood were stimuli in extreme.
Hearing some jingling groo
ves flowing in and out bring
ing thoughts back and forth,
from feta to wondering abo
ut…not recalling. Block ba
ck in mind. Blockhead.
You are so lovely, so delec
tably cheesy, such a great
texture. I had you sub-par f
or lunch today on my gyro,
but You in the fridge are m
ine and I will savor You.
Feta is better they say. I co
ncur. I got it once for X-mas
as a gift from parents. Stra
nge child I was but it can't b
e helped when one discove
rs this cheese perfection.
I’m sure there are better, m
ore sophisticated ones out
there. Probably moldy, prob
ably French. But this one in
the fridge delivers satisfact
ion. Fresh and ready.
Maybe it's not so fresh. Ho
w long has it been there, w
aiting to be eaten while I d
ote on it from afar? Might b
e a moldy cheese by now.
On second
thought,
I'd rather
have
some
Nutella
instead.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm not really sure what I was thinking. This looks like a poem but I suppose the idea was to make it appear like blocks, blocks of thought and blocks of feta cheese with a crumble down in the end when it no longer becomes appetizing. The subject matter is just the story of me sitting in my room writing this but thinking about other things so I suppose it's not that interesting. Just kind of ran out of ideas.
ReplyDeleteWell, it's a kind of fun experiment with voice, this kind of neurotic and hungry wondering about the cheese, but, despite being hungry, the narrator never quite digs in, gets distracted. Maybe as interesting as all that are the strange deformations of the words that occur by trying to keep the form consistent. Not sure how else this might be useful, but the results are so interesting, it's hard not to see them as having some application elsewhere.
ReplyDelete