Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I

M E M O

R I ZED THE

CHART. THE CURVES

AND LINES, VERTICAL,

HORIZONTAL,MADE FOR

INTENTIONAL CONFUSION.

THE LETTERS NON SENSICAL

BUT LYRICAL IN ARRANGEMENT.

THE RECITATION WAS PERFECT. THE DOCTOR

SMILED AND I WAS FREE.WHAT’S THERE TO SEE ANYWAY?

3 comments:

  1. I wrote this in the form of an eye exam chart. I was excited about the idea at first, but I found the form limited what I could write. I also had to manipulate lines and spaces and text size frequently in order for it to appear like a chart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Very poetic and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it a lot, as well. I'm not sure it has to be as limited as you suggest. What if it told us about a love affair with an eye doctor? Or even a longing for the doctor? Or some concern about aging, or the gradual loss of eyesight? And what if there was no punctuation, as there isn't in a real chart? In any case, great idea nicely executed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.