-If you’re good you’ll taste this cheese again.
-Well, I just don’t understand why he didn’t even call.
-The Gouda is especially tasty. Nice and smoky.
-It could have made things simpler. I for one…
-I don’t know. This bleu has a fairly complex flavor compared to what they were saying.
-I don’t know why he doesn’t even respond anymore. It’s like he gave up on us.
-Really responding to these nutty undertones.
-It’s like he disappeared off the face of the earth when he started going to those parties.
-Ha, this one is like a party in my mouth. Really sharp, really pungent, and...
-Think they were silly things like cheese tasting parties. Who goes to those anyway?
-Really you should try this one. It’s quite...quite uh, bold I would have to say. Creamy texture as well, very nice.
-I know I wouldn’t. Waste of time, frivolous and stupid. Whenever I do get a hold of him I’ll have to set him straight. He needs to just talk to me.
-Oh my, this one is really speaking out to me. Gotta love Beaufort.
-I still love him. I mean, he’s gotta understand that.
-Oh God! Try this one! Try this one!
-Oh God...what if he’s with her? I...I don’t think...
-Wait no...not that one. Uh, where was that Livarot?
-That bastard! I’ll bet that’s why...her. Can’t answer a goddamn call. He’s with her, ignoring me...
-You really can’t ignore that subtle shit flavor it has, literally it’s like cow dung. Ha try it!
-Is this is a goddamn cheese tasting party?!? So it is...He’s probably here...eating Jarlsburg with...her.
-I’m sorry. Did you say something?
Basically a cheesy story about two people not especially paying attention to each other as they're consumed with their own things going on. Seems like often I'll have a conversation with someone and we're both passionately talking back and forth but not actually responding to what the other person is saying, more like what we wanted to say next. So I guess that's sort of what's going on here.
ReplyDeleteNicely done. While there's some confusion at first about who's there, who's speaking, as a result of the characters' miscommunication, the situation does become clear. I like how you echo words and refigure meanings as the "conversation" continues. One thing I'd suggest is developing the straying lover idea into something more than just "he might be with her," something of equal interest and precision as the varieties of cheese and their characteristics.
ReplyDelete