In 140 characters I had to set a scene, characters and an action-AND make it interesting to read. "The dog jumped over a fence and Billy clapped his hands" is terribly boring; the word choice is bland and doesn't capture the eye of the reader. For some odd reason my mind settled on asphyxiation when writing this. So I was forced in a tug of war between interesting word choice and my own character limitation to create something happening in a tight constricted space.
Like it! The title does more work than you think, so "again" actually seems extraneous. And maybe cutting that allows for some rearrangement of the narrative?
In 140 characters I had to set a scene, characters and an action-AND make it interesting to read. "The dog jumped over a fence and Billy clapped his hands" is terribly boring; the word choice is bland and doesn't capture the eye of the reader. For some odd reason my mind settled on asphyxiation when writing this. So I was forced in a tug of war between interesting word choice and my own character limitation to create something happening in a tight constricted space.
ReplyDeleteLike it! The title does more work than you think, so "again" actually seems extraneous. And maybe cutting that allows for some rearrangement of the narrative?
ReplyDelete