I selected this post because of the ones I wrote it most resembled a story. I tended to lean toward writing in a more poetic style given the word limit.
I like that it's really focused on the gesture, turning away. I wonder if the act could be trusted to have the emotional impact you want without the assistance of the telling title or the adverbs "pitifully" or "guiltily." Given a minimum of context, that is, even a small gesture can communicate a mood.
I selected this post because of the ones I wrote it most resembled a story. I tended to lean toward writing in a more poetic style given the word limit.
ReplyDeleteI like that it's really focused on the gesture, turning away. I wonder if the act could be trusted to have the emotional impact you want without the assistance of the telling title or the adverbs "pitifully" or "guiltily." Given a minimum of context, that is, even a small gesture can communicate a mood.
ReplyDelete