I really don't have much experience with creative writing so even the task of writing this seemed daunting to me. To get inspiration I decided to refer back to my artwork (as that's something most of my creativity is normally invested in) and create a story/world out of it. I basically just put someone into it carrying out my intentions for the painting, like getting rid of these lines I put in it that bothered me with my favorite paintbrush which is a stolen spatula from Valhalla I used to create the drippy sky.
Love the idea. Of course, off-campus "Valhalla spatula" might be received in a very different way. Could be a cool band name. What happens if you lose the context based in reality (by dropping the spatula and the title, say), and the piece becomes just a description of the painting and the intent to destroy or alter? Just image and intention.
I really don't have much experience with creative writing so even the task of writing this seemed daunting to me. To get inspiration I decided to refer back to my artwork (as that's something most of my creativity is normally invested in) and create a story/world out of it. I basically just put someone into it carrying out my intentions for the painting, like getting rid of these lines I put in it that bothered me with my favorite paintbrush which is a stolen spatula from Valhalla I used to create the drippy sky.
ReplyDeleteLove the idea. Of course, off-campus "Valhalla spatula" might be received in a very different way. Could be a cool band name. What happens if you lose the context based in reality (by dropping the spatula and the title, say), and the piece becomes just a description of the painting and the intent to destroy or alter? Just image and intention.
ReplyDelete