Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Can We Talk About This Later?"

Kyle sat her on a bench, got down on one knee, pulled out a ring. She never thought such a romantic moment could feel like a death sentence.

2 comments:

  1. I picked CWTATL because of all the ones I wrote it was the closest to an actual scene. Also, I think these occurrences are terribly sad, which, for some reason, made me want to write it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, and I like the title. In fact, I think it does a lot of work for you, which may allow the setting of the scene in the first sentence to be even more brief, stripped to its essentials. Do we need the bench, for example? And maybe her reaction could be presented more economically, as well, as a gesture, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.